Changing 100,000 Lives
The Pregnancy and Maternity Discrimination research findings from the Equalities Commission published in March 2016 advised that 3 in 4 women experience discrimination and 1 in 5 face negativity during the maternity period. Upscaled this translates to 100,000 women per year. See here for more details on the statistics behind our campaign.
Having spent 14 years working closely as a maternity coach and therapist with over 2000 high-potential women on their transition to motherhood I have come to realise the correlation between having a baby and being successful in business. By challenging and reframing the belief that pregnancy provides business with a bundle of problems to solve and maternity leave is a drain on company resources, I’ve proved women, men and business can thrive when the experience of pregnancy and new motherhood is viewed and managed differently. In embracing new practices and behaviour we can all move closer to gender equality and female talent being fully realised.
“This is a fantastic initiative. I hope many, many new mothers will benefit from the support Bumps and the Boardroom can provide – and be able to achieve the work life fit they want as a result. Her Start-up idea has got my vote”. Julia Waltham, Head of Campaigns and Policy Working Families
The foundations around our benchmarking of acceptable and exemplary maternity processes and practice and our over-arching aims are in place but our Founder Members will be able to further shape the details.
Level 1 -Bronze
- Publish your CEO’s Mission Statement showing your commitment to Our Aims
- Conduct our Survey across your employees to evaluate where you are now
- Take part as a speaker in Bumps and the Boardroom 2016 to pledge your support to our initiative
- Commit to evaluating your maternity success by signing our Maternity Charter
Level 2 – Silver
- Train your Managers to understand the 7-Step Method and embed the Bumps and the Boardroom message into your culture
- Share case studies of your success on the Bumps and the Boardroom platform from the corporate and individual perspective
- Share how your employees rate you as a Bumps and the Boardroom Ambassador and Gender Equality Leader
Level 3 – Gold
- Revolutionise the pregnancy and return to work journey for your female and male employees
- Provide internal Bumps and the Boardroom Mentors to support your female executives on their return to work
- Become a Bumps and the Boardroom Champion and actively encourage other businesses to follow your lead.
Keep up-to-date with Bumps and the Boardroom
Sign up to our e-news for regular updates and exclusive invitations TELL ME MORE
By giving us your details you are signing up to receive regular updates about Bumps and the Boardroom and Changing 100,000 Lives. Please note: We respect your privacy and will not share your details with others.