Bumps and the Boardroom LIVE 2015 looked at changing the narrative that having a baby means a halt in your career trajectory and is a hassle for business. In light of the recent report from the Equality and Human Rights Commission plans for 2016 to positively affect over 100,000 women and celebrate and elevate motherhood within the business culture are underway.*
Leaders of Business shared how they positively influence current behaviours and bias around pregnancy, motherhood and working parents. I believe #mothersmakegreatleaders and want to offer a new solution to retaining great female talent and teach Corporations how to shift from operating in a purely masculine paradigm to where the experiences pregnancy and the transition to motherhood offer, benefit us all.
Thank you to our sponsors The Guardian, Director Magazine and WeAreTheCity.
Realising the pregnancy advantage to bring about a more sustainable, intuitive and heart-felt business consciousness by:-
- Positively influencing current values and behaviours around pregnancy and the transition to motherhood to fully realise the benefits mothers bring to business.
- Cross industry sharing of best practice for business to ensure retaining talent is top priority.
- Greater transparency around maternity policies and more honest, open communication to and from maternity leavers and returners.
- Continuing to raise awareness of the proven business case for gender diversity and its link to long-term success.
- Dispel the myths you need big budgets to create change.
- The creation of an ongoing sustainable platform to support both women and business in embracing inclusive leadership
- Events supported by companies and organisations who are passionate about creating sustainable change in their own cultures and the world at large.
- A network of online and offline support
* See here for the full report from the Equality and Human Rights Commission
The Institute of Directors
With Lisa Buckingham, Senior Advisor for Diversity
Money & Co
With Nicola Horlick, GMT
With Noel McGonigle, HR Director
With Claire Fox, Author and experienced HR Director
The Worst Kept Secret (TWKS)
With Dowshan Humzah, Digital Change and Transformation Specialist
The Real Value of the Pregnancy Mind and it’s Commercial Advantage
With Lisa Barnwell, Founder: Bumps and the Boardroom
With Mark McLane, Managing Director, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion
With Frances Scott, Founder & Campaigner
Zenith Optimedia worldwide (Publicis Group)
With Severine Charbon, Chief Talent & Transformation Officer – Worldwide
The Doctor and Daughter’s Guide to Pregnancy
With Rebecca Maberley and Roger Marwood, Obstetrician
Freelance Executive Coach
With Ana Oliveira Pinto
With Jo Hindle, Head of HR for UK & Ireland
Corporate Life Wizards
With Danusia Malina-Derben, Founder
With Alessandra Lariu, Co-Founder