Last January I set my my intentions for 2016.
Here’s how I did.
- I Lead with Grace and Resilience a la Scilla Elworthy and Karen Downes. This was an amazing 3 days of transformation, personal growth and gorgeousness set in the beautiful Cotswolds. I would happily return every year.
- I raise the bar with my brand, get set on my strategy and we share our message far and wide (@SyrenStrategy I cannot wait to work with you!) We came, we created, we lost touch.. Let’s reconnect?)
- I complete my first book and see it in print (Ditto to working with you, Ginny Carter). A work in progress. The leadership potential of ‘baby-brain’ is coming!
- I raise the capital I need to expand and my income to be financially independent. Julia Pimsleur came into my life for a reason. Improvements have been made, turnover increased but my sense is 2017 will be the game-changer.
- I find a new home I love. And a new sofa. Time for a new chapter. Apparently not. The housing market has not been my friend this year but am turning a new page and have so fallen back in love with the area I live in. Putney, I heart you.
- I learn to cook a new feel-good dish every month. Sugar free, wheat free, sometimes. Nourishing and yummy, always. H & H Spiralizer. Tick. I went for months without alcohol or coffee and felt great. Can’t remember when I last drank a spirit (miss you G&T), definitely cut back on carbs. And chocolate amazingly.
- I Juice. Nutribullet, we’re going to be great friends. Yes.Love.This.
- I open up fully to experiencing an incredible, irresistible life. Yvette Taylor, Marissa Peer and Jennie Harland-Khan. Love learning from you. My coaches of choice continue to evolve and have gained great insights from Carly Hope, Jenny Andersson and Shaa Wasmund. Powerful.
- I get a table at Tom Kerridge’s Hand and Flowers. Already a work in progress 🙂 What happened to this. I even visited Marlow!!
- I attend Wimbledon. Yes, with my Mum on Middle Sunday! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
- I remember to enter the Ballot. I entered the ballot for the special release and scored Centre Court tickets. Job done.
- I see Coldplay Live. Boo hoo, I missed them but have A Head Full of Dreams on repeat.
- I meet James Martin and see if he is as lovely in the flesh as on my TV screen. He may be my ideal man. I’d like to know. No, he has a girlfriend. Allegedly. Saturday mornings have become about fitness not food (or fantasies).
- I enjoy vintage champagne and martinis, but NEVER on the same night. NYE 2015 you were one of a kind. Let’s see what happens this year but it seems like this was One Night Only event!
- I buy a beautiful dress, have somewhere incredible to wear it and feel amazing in it. It’s in my wardrobe, ready and waiting.
- I go on a date with a man in a tux. Or a beautiful suit. Dark navy please. A work in progress..
- I stop apologizing for being emotional. Mostly. Or I take a moment to breathe and see if it passes. It feels better. Stronger. And then I speak with a calm clarity.
- I fall in love and stay there. We both do. I might be.. too soon to tell..
- I accept that living by the water is a non-negotiable as is time on my mat. I need to do yoga. Power Yoga hits the spot for me. Yes, Love PY.
- I love my friends and family wholeheartedly. Yes, but I’ve seen less of my old crew than I thought.
- I share many more hugs, cuddles and giggles with my nieces – never enough! Still never enough.
- I hang out with my nephew and raise my penalty shoot out score and come close to beating him at table tennis. I never want to win! Looking forward to playing more at Christmas. It’s been a busy year for Master D.
- I celebrate new friends who open me up to new adventures. Yes I’ve found some great new best-ies who light me up and get my vibe.
- I take a trip or two to the mountains. Log fires, skiing and sexy, chunky jumpers. I’m in. With no broken bones. Gorgeous sexy jumper. Tick. No Broken bones. Tick. Log Fires (see #1).
- I celebrate time for me. And I go on more walks. Long ones, whatever the weather. For sure. So many. Whatever the weather.
- Next Christmas or New Year I am somewhere hot. With someone hot. Never divulge all your personal details online..
- I feel love daily. As a giver and receiver in equal measure. Most days for sure.
- I Leap and the net will appear. I have been bolder and braver this year. In unexpected ways. Next year it’s all to play for and have an excitement that feels good.
What have I learnt from this exercise? That although it was fun and lighthearted to do and review, it’s given me a benchmark to look back on, a way to remember how I felt when writing it and see the things that matter that now warrant greater focus going forward.
Want a more structured approach to planning your next year?
I love the recent 10 Questions to Ask in Your Annual Business Review or if you want a different approach The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul will help you focus on how you want to feel and work backwards from there.
Feel free to share your plans and progress.
Happy 2017 .